Child (age 7): Hello dad. Today I voted for Barack Obama.
Parent: WOW! Where did you vote?
Child: At school upstairs in the 5th grader room
Parent: Why did you vote for him?
Child: GEE!!!! I DIDN'T KNOOOOWWWWW THAT LIKED JOHN McCAIN SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!
Parent: Who all could you vote for?
Child: Barack Obama or John McCain. They had two pockets with a picture of each of them above it. I put it in the pocket for Barack Obama.
Parent: That sounds like it was a lot of fun at school today
Child: It was
Other Parent (after child is no longer in earshot): What did you tell her about voting for Barack Obama? Why haven't we taught her better? She just voted for Barack Obama because all her friends told her to!!! Even the kindergarten neighbor knew to vote for McCain even though his friends told him to vote for Obama!!! Why can't WE do that well teaching her?
No comments:
Post a Comment